| 
           
          2002-12-14  
          It slipped my mind. 
          
           
          目标另存为 
          CONVERSATION 
          A: Oh, dear! 哎呀! 
          B: What's wrong? 怎么回事? 
          A: I was supposed to call Jim at six. 我应该在六点打电话给吉姆的。 
          B: Why didn't you? 那你怎么没打呢? 
          A: I was busy and it slipped my mind. 我忙得忘记了。 
          B: Why don't you call him now? 你何不现在打给他呢? 
          摘自《国讯网络教育有限公司》 
          2002-12-16  
            
          It slipped my mind.(2) 
          
           
          目标另存为 
          CONVERSATION 
          A: Bob, did you bring my book?  
          鲍伯,你把我的书带来了没有? 
          B: Oh, I'm sorry. It slipped my mind.  
          噢,对不起,我忘了。 
          A: You shouldn't be so forgetful.  
          你不该这么健忘。 
          B: I know , but I've been so busy lately.  
          我知道,不过我最近一直都很忙。 
          A: Did you forget your book, too?  
          你也忘了带你的书吗? 
          B: No , that didn't slip my mind. It's right here. 
          没有,那我倒没忘记。就在这里。 
          2002-12-17 
            
          It slipped my mind. 
          
           
          目标另存为 
          CONVERSATION 
          A: John, you're late again. 约翰,你又迟到了。 
          B: I'm sorry I overslept.抱歉,我睡过头了。 
          A: I told you to get a new alarm clock. 我告诉过你,要你买个新闹钟。 
          B: I was busy yesterday and it slipped my mind.我昨天忙得忘记了。 
          A: You could at least have arranged for a wake-up call.你至少要安排请人用电话叫醒你。 
          B: I didn't think of that.我没有想到。 
          2002-12-18 
          It's a piece of cake  
            
          
           
          目标另存为 
          CONVERSATION 
          A: What kind of Chinese food would you like to have?  
          你要吃啊一种中国菜? 
          B: I'd like to have sweet and sour spareribs. 
          来一份糖醋排骨。 
          A: Find. By the way, do you know how to use chopsticks? 
          好的。顺便问一下,你会用筷子吗? 
          B: It's a piece of cake.那是很简单的事。 
          A: How in the world did you learn to use them? 
          你到底是怎么会用筷子的呢? 
          B: I was stationed Taiwan for five years , you know. 
          你知道,我曾在台湾驻军五年 
          2002-12-19  
            
          It's a piece of cake. 
          
           
          目标另存为 
          CONVERSATION 
          A: Jerry, are you taking economics this term?  
          杰瑞,你这学期修经济学吗? 
          B: Yes, I have Dr. Jones as my instructor. 
          是的,琼斯博士是我的指导老师。 
          A: How is he as lecturer? 
          他课讲得好吗? 
          B: He's O.K., but a little boring. 
          还不错,不过有一点枯燥。 
          A: How are his exams? 
          他的考试怎样? 
          B: They're a piece of cake. 
          都很简单。 
          2002-12-20 
          
           
          
          目标另存为 
          CONVERSATION 
          A: Did you take the driver's test?  
          你考了驾驶测验吗? 
          B: Yes, it was easy.是的,很简单。 
          A: What do you mean?怎么说呢? 
          B: It was so simple a child could have passed it.  
          很简单,连小孩都可以通过。 
          A: Really? I had heard that it was hard. 
          真的?我听说很难考呢。 
          B: No, it was a snap. 
          不,那是件轻而易举的事。 
          2002-12-23 
          I'm working on it .  
            
          
           
          
          目标另存为 
          CONVERSATION 
          A: Did yo finish your chemistry assignment?  
          你做完化学作业了吗? 
          B: I'm working on it. 我正在做。 
          A: Class starts in twenty minutes.  
          还有二十分钟就要上课了! 
          B: I know.我知道。 
          A: Do you think you can finish it? 
          你认为你能做完吗? 
          B: I can finish if you quit bothering me. 
          如果你停止打扰我,我就可做完。 
          2002-12-24 
          Merry Christmas 
          I'm working on it.  
            
          
           
          
          目标另存为 
          CONVERSATION 
          A: I thought you could play the guitar. 
          我以为你会弹吉他。 
          B: No, I can't , but I'm working on it. 
          不,我不会,不过我正在学。 
          A: What does that mean? 
          什么意思? 
          B: I'm trying to learns to play. 
          我正试着去学。 
          A: Better learn fast. The recital is next month.  
          最好快一点,演奏会就在下个月。 
          B: I know , Wish me luck. 
          我知道,祝我好运吧。 
          2002-12-25  
            
          I'm working on it . 
          
           
          
          目标另存为 
          CONVERSATION 
          A: Mary , do you have that reservation on the night flight to 
          Chicago yet?  
          玛丽,你预定了去芝加哥的夜航机票没有? 
          B: No, not yet, Mr. Jones, but I'm working on it.  
          不,还没有,琼斯先生,不过我正在办。 
          A: What seems to be the problem? 
          是有什么问题呢? 
          B: I don't know, I just keep getting a busy signal. 
          我不知道,对方电话老是占线。 
          A: Well, keep working on it. 
          好吧,继续努力。 
          B: Yes, sir. 
          是的。先生。 
          2002-12-29  
            
          You did a good job. 
          
           
          
          目标另存为 
          CONVERSATION 
          A: What a lovely party. Mrs. Jones!  
          琼斯太太,这个宴会好极了! 
          B: Thank you. I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself.  
          谢谢。你在宴会中称心愉快,我很高兴。 
          A: Everything was perfect and the food was excellent. 
          一切都很好,食物也好极了。 
          B: Thanks . My cook always does a good job.  
          谢谢。我的厨师一向做得很好。 
          A: My compliments to her. That dessert was delicious. 
          请代我向她致意,那份甜点真是好吃。 
          B: I'll tell her. She really outdid herself tonight. 
          我会转达你的意思。今晚好表现得特别杰出哩。 
          2002-12-30 
          You did a good job.  
            
          
           
          
          目标另存为 
          CONVERSATION 
          A: Jerry, I was happy with your presentation yesterday. 
          杰瑞,你昨天的上台报告好极了。 
          B: Thank you, sir. I did my best.  
          谢谢,老师。我尽了力。 
          A: Well, you did a good job. You had some excellent ideas.  
          嗯,你表现得很好。你有些很好的概念。 
          B: I enjoyed working on it .  
          我喜欢发表它们。 
          A: I want you to do another presentation next month. 
          下个月我想来要你再做一次报告。 
          B: Thank you.  
          谢谢。 
          2002-12-31  
            
          You did a good job. 
          
           
          
          目标另存为 
          CONVERSATION 
          A: That's a beautiful skirt.  
          你那件裙子很美。 
          B: Thank you. I mad it myself.  
          谢谢,它是我自己做的。 
          A: I didn't know you could sew.  
          我没想到你会缝制衣服。 
          B: This is the first thing I've made.  
          这是我做成的第一件衣服哩。 
          A: You did a good job. 
          你做得很好。 
          B: I'm going to make a dress next. 
          下一次我要做一件洋装。 
          2003-01-01Happy new year 
          I can't come up with it.   
            
          
           
          
          目标另存为 
          CONVERSATION 
          A: John, did you hear me?  
          约翰,你听见我说话了吗? 
          B: What?  
          什么? 
          A: I ask you a question, John. 
          约翰,我问你一个问题。 
          B: Oh, I heard you. I'm thinking. 
          噢,我听见了。我在想。 
          A: Do you have the answer?  
          你得到答案了吗? 
          B: Sorry, I can't come up with it. 
          对不起,我想不出来。 
          2003-01-02 
          I Can't come up with it.  
            
          
           
          
          目标另存为 
          CONVERSATION 
          A: The man from the bank is here. 
          银行的人来了。 
          B: Tell him I'll be with him in a minute.  
          告诉他我马上就见他。 
          A: What does he want? 
          他要什么呢? 
          B: Money.钱。 
          A: How much money? 多少? 
          B: Too much, I can't come up with it. 
          很多,我拿不出来。 
          2003-01-04 
          I Can't come up with it.  
            
          
           
          
          目标另存为 
          CONVERSATION 
          A: Are you leaving so soon?  
          你这么早就要离开吗? 
          B: Yes , this party is boring. 
          是的,这个晚会无聊透了。 
          A: I know, and it's really a shame. 
          我知道,真可惜。 
          B: Why do you say that? 
          为什么你这么说呢? 
          A: Everyone worked so hard to make it successful. 
          当时每个人都那么想把它办得成功啊。 
          B: Too bad they couldn't come up with a better band. 
          可惜,他们没能请到一支较好的乐队。 
          2003-01-05 
          Drop me a line.  
            
          
           
          
          目标另存为 
          CONVERSATION 
          A: Drop me a line when you get to New York.  
          当你到过纽约时,写封信给我。 
          B: What do you mean? 
          你说的是什么意思? 
          A: You know , send me a postcard. 
          如你所知,就是寄张明信片给我。 
          B: Oh, you mean write to you. 
          噢,你的意思是说写信给你。 
          A: What did you think I meant. 
          你以为我是什么意思呢? 
          B: I had no idea what you meant. 
          我不知道你是什么意思。 
          2003-01-06 
          Drop me a line.  
            
          
           
          
          目标另存为 
          CONVERSATION 
          A: I'm going away for two weeks' vacation. 
          我要离开休假两星期。 
          B: I envy you. 
          我真羡慕你。 
          A: No phones, no alarm clocks, no work. 
          没有电话声,没有闹钟声,不必工作。 
          B: Sounds like paradise. What are you going to do there? 
          像到了天堂似的。你到了那里做些什么呢? 
          A: Sleep, eat, sleep, just rest. 
          睡觉,吃东西,睡觉,休息就是了。 
          B: Well, drop me a line when yuo get there before you start sleeping. 
          那么,当你到了那里,睡觉之前,要写封信给我! 
          2003-01-07 
          Drop me a line.  
            
          
           
          
          目标另存为 
          CONVERSATION 
          A: Why are you so upset? 
          你为什么这么不高兴呢? 
          B: Well, really! You'd think writing was difficult! 
          哎呀,真是的,写一封信好像困难似的! 
          A: What are you talking about? 
          你在说什么呀! 
          B: My son. He's been gone two weeks and I haven't heard a word from 
          him. 
          我儿了。他已经离开两星期了,到现在还没他的消息。 
          A: He's probably busy having a good time. 
          他可能正玩得很痛快。 
          B: He could at least drop me a lime to let me know he's O.K.  
          至少他总要写封短信,让我知道他平安吧。 
          2003-01-08 
          Are you pulling my leg?   
            
          
           
          
          目标另存为 
          CONVERSATION 
          A: There's an elephant loose in the street!  
          街上有一只脱笼的大象! 
          B: Do you expect me to believe that? 
          你认为我会相信吗? 
          A: Really! It's true!  
          真的!这是事实! 
          B: How did it get there?  
          它怎么跑到那里的? 
          A: It escaped from the circus. 
          它是从马戏团逃跑出来的。 
          B: Are you pulling my leg? 
          你是在骗我吧?  |